- Distance Learning
- Attendance Based
- Part Time
- Full Time
Designed as both a thorough introduction and update in the fields of gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition, this programme is aimed at clinicians wishing to gain strong knowledge of the sciences underpinning clinical diseases and their management. It offers a focus on the relevant basic sciences and research techniques.
You will be based at the Centre for Digestive Diseases which has two endoscopy training simulators, and training on these simulators is included if you are a full-time student, you will also have opportunities to observe clinical meetings, audits, clinics or endoscopy sessions, mainly in the latter half of the year.
This programme will:
- Cover the complete curriculum in gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition if you are a new entrant into these fields, and act as an update and extension if you are already working in it.
- Give you hands on training in endoscopy techniques.
You can also choose to study this MSc via distance learning, either full-time or part-time.
- MSc On-site (1 year, full time) – you would study from September to the following September, here in Whitechapel
- Pg Dip On-site full time (9 months, full time) – you would study from September to the following April here in Whitechapel. The Pg Dip is the same programme as the MSc, except for the MSc research project element.
- Pg Dip Distance Learning (9 months, full time) – you would study from September to the following April, where you live, as a Distance Learner.
- Pg Dip Distance Learning (18 months, part time) – you would study from September to the April of the second year after your commencement year, where you live, as a Distance Learner. So, someone beginning in September 2015 would finish this programme In April 2017.
- MSc Project for ’MSc Project for current Pg Dip Holders, Distance Learning’ – this is for you if you already hold a Pg Dip in Gastroenterology and would like to upgrade this to an MSc by undertaking the MSc Project, where you live, as a Distance Learner.